Saturday, October 8, 2011

MMA Fighter and Primal

Great testimonial from an MMA fighter about cleaning up his nutrition via the Primal/Paleo approach, Mixed Martial Arts Fighter Goes Primal.


My name is Abe Wagner. I’m 31, 6’4” and 250 lbs. I pay my bills by fighting other large men in a cage in front of a crowd. My journey to the Primal Blueprint way of life was somewhat long and round about. I was originally introduced to the paleo diet concept through Crossfit. To say my understanding of the key concepts was flawed and incomplete would be an understatement. In retrospect, I was on what is commonly called the “fail-eo diet”. I was still trying to “stay low fat”…you know, for the health of my heart. Wow, I couldn’t have been more off! I was also getting the majority of the fat I was eating from nuts (read Omega-6). Needless to say it didn’t work out too well, and while my body composition had improved, I felt like crap all the time and had no energy, which eventually led me to declaring that the way of eating didn’t work.

Jump to Mark's Daily Apple and read more!

1 comment:

  1. Fighting is not only self defense but it also makes you self confidence,brave and practicing it keeps your body fit.MMA in Connecticut.

    ReplyDelete